Monday, February 14, 2011

Restaurant Review - Telepan (coninued for brunch)

Welcome back foodies! I loved Telepan so much I read their brunch menu and I decided I had to go to Telepan for brunch. I ended up at Telepan yesterday for Sunday brunch and it was good. Maybe not as good as their dinner menu but it was still delicious.
Reviewing wise,below is my review of Telepan for brunch and have the bullets there too. On the Restaurant Review page I will add it into the original review (it is clearly separated for dinner and brunch).


Telepan                         72 West 69 Street, New York, NY 10023

Wake up call! Brunch at Telepan is the best. To start off for $28, all year round, you get a spectacular breads and sweet things basket followed by your first course and than you second course. The breads and sweet things basket was so good. They came with homemade raspberry jelly that might be one of the best jellies you will ever have in your life. For the first course, my favorite was the Hazelnut Cream Crepes that came with bananas and a decadent brown sugar sauce. I love a restaurant who can improvise. One person in my party didn't want bananas with their crepe so the chef made a crepe with dried fruits like raisins and cranberries and put it with a honey compote. Both crepes were equally good. Another great first course dish is the Apple Sausage with a poached egg, duck prosciutto, and watercress. One more great dish which is on their brunch, lunch and dinner menu is the House Smoked Brook Trout which I love especially with the buckwheat-potato blini. For the second course my favorite dish was Apple Walnut French Toast. My only problem with the dish was that it was a little too sweet. One more dish I like is the Omelet With Salad & Hash Browns which we got with bacon and aged cheddar. Another dish we got which was good is the Fallen Pancake Souffle. It came with brown sugar bacon and a huckleberry syrup. I liked it but it just wasn't amazing. Everything overall was great. I absolutely recommend Telepan for brunch.

  • Okay Service, been here before and had better service
  • Good decor
  • Great food
  • Recommend:

  1. Hazelnut Cream Crepes
  2. Apple Sausage
  3.   House Smoked Brook Trout 
  4. Apple Walnut French Toast
  5.  Omelet With Salad & Hash Browns
  6. Fallen Pancake Souffle
So I hope you found  this review useful and check out Telepan whether it is is for brunch, lunch or dinner. By the way, if you are wondering why there are no stars it is because the stars are from the dinner review and it will be on the Restaurant Review page. Check back soo, I have a few more events to add to the calendar soon and lots more restaurant reviews. Bon Apetit!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!