Saturday, February 19, 2011

LI Restaurant Review - Majors Steakhouse

Hey foodies! Yesterday, I just went out with some friends to Majors Steakhouse on Long Island. I personally wouldn't have chose to go there but we did. I found that I liked it more than I expected. It wasn't spectacular but it wasn't bad.

Majors Steakhouse                       8289 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797

Average. Average is the way to describe Majors Steakhouse because nothing was bad but nothing was outstanding.We really didn't order any appetizers but a few of us got caesar salads which were okay but they were drenched in dressing and the lettuce got soggy and didn't have that crunch to it. Moving on to the entree's, my favorite dish was the Marinated Skirt Steak. It had that flare of ginger in the marinade that gave you a warm feeling and the meat was cooked pretty well. I also had mashed potatoes with it which I thought were okay. I also liked the Short Ribs. It wasn't too fatty and the meat fell off by the tap of a fork. The other dish we got was the burger which was good but would be better if you could find it on the plate. The burger was very small. Otherwise it was very good. Service wasn't bad, wasn't good. From my experience I was pleasantly surprised by Majors. 


  • Service was mediocre
  • Decor was typical steakhouse look
  • Food was good, nothing special
  • Parking was a pain in the neck because the lot is small and you can't park on the street since it is a main road, recommend going a little early for parking

 That wraps up today's review. Check back soon because there are lots of good restaurants coming up in my agenda which means lots more reviews. Bon Apetit!


-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!