Monday, January 24, 2011

Foodie Finders NYC on the road to Las Vegas: Day 4

Welcome foodies! Today I am excited to tell you about my fourth day in Las Vegas. Again I had some wonderful food. The Foodie Finders NYC crew and I took a quick pit stop at Serendipity 3 which is also in New York but normally the line is really long in New York so Serendipity 3 was a must get to in Las Vegas. The thing that Serendipity 3 does better than anyone else is Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. I wrote a little review on it (but it isn't much because all we got was a couple of Frrrozen Hot Chocolates) which will go on the Specialty Food Review page.

Serendipity 3          3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Caesar's Palace) 


If your passing by Caesar's, you can't pass up Serendipity 3's Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. It is so luscious and decadent and you feel so at home. And than it pulls one over on your taste buds because it is frozen. Hot chocolate is not supposed to be cold and like a slushy. You wait for a second while your brain files that Hot Chocolate can be frozen and than you suck down the whole thing. It is such a refreshing and interesting drink. You just have to go to Serendipity 3.


  • The best Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
  • This drink will leave you in awe



After Serendipity 3, the Foodie Finders NYC crew and I walked the strip for a little while and before you knew it, dinner time was here. We went to Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger's Border Grill. What an incredible place. One of my new favorite's when it comes to Mexican. Here is my review.


Border Grill     3950 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Mandalay Bay)


Great X10. Border Grill is just a flat out great restaurant. Great service, spectacular food, huge portions and they are reasonably priced (recommend sharing with someone). I enjoyed the decor as well. It all fit right but of course the star of the show was the food. The start off the chips and salsa is very good. Then, as you move on to appetizers the Guacamole was yummy and the Queso Fundido was so good. Also for appetizers the Guajillo Pork Tamales was scrumptious as well as the Green Corn Tamales. Moving on to the main dishes my two dishes I loved were the Negro Modelo Braised Short Ribs and the Yucatan Pork. My favorite had to be the Short Ribs though. It was cooked to perfection and it was on top of polenta. So good. For dessert, Border Grill does this genius thing, where on their menu you could just order a dessert or you can do a dessert assortment of your choice of either 2 half slices or 4 half slices. The dishes we got on the assortment of 4 half slices were all so delicious. They were the Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie, Tres Leches, Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, and the special that night which was Tres Leches again but filled with cooked down blueberries. My favorite had to be the special. I am definitely going back to Border Grill and I highly recommend it.


  • Great service
  • Nice decor
  • Delicous food
  • Large portions, really get your money's worth of it (recommend sharing with someone)
  • Recommend:
  1. Guacamole
  2. Queso Fundido
  3. Guajillo Pork Tamales
  4.   Green Corn Tamales
  5. Negro Modelo Braised Short Rib
  6.  Yucatan Pork
  7.  Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie 
  8. Tres Leches
  9.  Pineapple Upsidedown Cake


 
 Another great day of food, but at some point great food vacations have to come to end. My next post will be my last post on my food field trip to Las Vegas and we will be back to New York. Winter Restaurant Week started today and I have a ton of reservations all over the place. I will give you all more information two posts from now. Bon Apetit!

-Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!