Thursday, January 20, 2011

Foodie Finders NYC on the road to Las Vegas: Day 3

Hi foodies! Today I am going to share with all of you about my third day in Las Vegas. I went to some great restaurants and was fortunate to meet another great chef, Todd English. I am so excited to tell all of you about it.
On our third day in Las Vegas the Foodie Finders NYC crew and I went to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. We went for a quick brunch and it was delicious. Here is my review.




Mesa Grill           3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Caesars Palace)

Mesa Grill really serves a delicious brunch. I loved the whole restaurant. I liked the Brunch appetizer, which was a crispy bacon and hash brown quesadilla with a fried egg and tomato salsa. For Brunch entrees I had two favorites. One was the spicy chicken and sweet potato hash with a poached egg and a green chile hollandaise. My other favorite dish was the scrambled eggs chilaquiles with roasted tomatillo sauce, white cheddar cheese and creme fraiche. On the side we got mango bacon which was okay and we got grits that were good. The service was fine and I really love the whole southwestern cuisine. This restaurant is worth the visit.

  • Great food
  • Nice decor
  • Service was good, nothing special though
  • Recommend:
  1. Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
  2. Scrambled Eggs Chilaquiles
  3. Crispy Bacon and Hash Brown Quesadilla

After Mesa Grill we were walking through City Center and I stopped in Todd English's P.U.B to look at the menu. I decided while I was there I asked if  Chef English was in town and they said yes. I was in shock and when the girl went to get him he was actually walking out of the restaurant. We spoke and he was so nice. It was so cool to meet Todd English. I have never been to one of his restaurants but I plan to soon in New York. 
So I spoke with Todd English and than we walked around a little longer and it was already time for our reservations at Rick Moonen's RM Seafood. I had already met Rick, as I told you all, two days before we went to his restaurant. Anyway RM Seafood was so good. Here is my review.




RM Seafood            3930 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV, 89119 (Mandalay Bay)     

The best seafood ever! The sushi was out of this world and the seafood was so fresh. RM Seafood cannot be skipped when your in Las Vegas. My favorite dish was Rick’s Famous Fish 'N' Chips. I thought it was all just so good. The the potato wedges were delicious and the fish was cooked perfectly. I also did like the RM Style "Cioppino" which had calamarata, mussels, clams, king crab, and shrimp. Another good dish was Lobster Bolognese with bucatini, lobster oil, and shaved parmesan. Also I ordered the Top Chef Masters “Moon” Doggies which is shrimp corn dogs, cole slaw, and cilantro mayo. I thought they were okay. The service was good and the entire restaurant was beautiful. I really liked RM Seafood and would definetly come back.

  • Good Service
  • Beautiful Decor
  • Great Food
  • Recommend:
  1. Rick’s Famous Fish 'N' Chips 
  2. RM Style "Cioppino"
  3. Lobster Bolognese 


 So that concludes the third day of my food field trip to Las Vegas. You may have noticed the survey that I said would be up in the last post, has been posted up. I had some issues but I finally have the survey up and running. Vote soon on your favorite competitive food show. The survey closes February 20th at 11:59 P.M. Also check back for my next post on my fourth day in Las Vegas!

-Mike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!