Thursday, July 21, 2011

NYC Restaurant Review - Gotham Bar and Grill

Hi foodies! Yesterday I had a great meal at Alfred Portale's restaurant, Gotham Bar and Grill. The food was great and the restaurants decor was beautiful. I was very lucky and had the opportunity to meet Alfred Portale. He was very nice, especially since he came up in the middle of service to meet me. He signed one of his three cookbooks for me. The book he signed was called 12 Seasons Cookbook. It is a very interesting book since it offers different recipes for each month. It was definitely a great experience to end a great meal with meeting the incredible chef who prepared it.


Gotham Bar and Grill        12 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10003  

(Lunch - Summer Restaurant Week 2011)
 
Gotham Bar and Grill was really good. I ate off of the Restaurant Week menu. For the first course I had Chilled Potato Leek Soup. On it's own the soup was good but then you get a spoonful with their house-made bacon and the shallots and a slice of the golden zucchini this dish was outstanding. For the second course my favorite dish was the Pan Roasted Day Boat Haddock. The fish was cooked to perfection and the potato puree was delicious. The white wine lemon emulsion was outstanding and brought the whole dish together. I also greatly enjoyed the Sweet Corn Tortellini. The broth that the tortellini was in, was really good and the pecorino pepato was a great subtle addition to the dish. I also tried the Grilled Hanger Steak which was good but was very basic and had nothing very special about it. I would much more prefer the other two choices because of how unique and delicious they were. The hanger steak came with sautéed spring squash and crispy fingerlings with a red wine bordelaise. Everything for dessert was scrumptious. My favorite dish was the Carrot Cake. The cake itself was really great. It came with a cream cheese mouse and  blueberry sauce with hazelnut ice cream on the side. The whole dish was really decadent and delicious. I also liked the Gotham Chocolate Cake. It was served warm and was very rich but very good. My least favorite dish (which I still liked a lot) was the Frozen Lemon Verbena Parfait. It came with macerated greenmarket berries. This dish was refreshing and tasty. Overall, I liked Gotham Bar and Grill a lot and recommend it.

  •  Pan Roasted Day Boat Haddock is an unforgettable and amazing dish
  • Carrot Cake was scrumptious
  • Decor was beautiful and elegant

That concludes my review of Gotham Bar and Grill. Unfortunately I was not able to download my pictures of the incredible food I had at Gotham Bar and Grill. If I can I will update the post with the pictures. Bon Appetit! 

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!