Tuesday, July 19, 2011

NYC Restaurant Review - Aureole

Welcome foodies! On Friday I ate at Charlie Palmer's restaurant, Aureole, for Restaurant Week. Everything was incredible from start to finish.


Aureole                 135 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036

(Lunch - Restaurant Week 2011)

Aureole was incredible. The food was out-of-this-world. To start, the bread selection was delicious. The choices were a cheese biscuit, a baguette, a brioche role, and a focaccia. All the breads were amazing and didn't need anything like butter or oil to accompany it. It was incredible. Out of both Restaurant Week Appetizer choices I liked the Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho. It had basil croutons, avocado, and extra virgin olive oil. The combination of all these flavors was perfect. I also enjoyed the Pan Roasted Shrimp. The kimchi under the shrimp was delicious. The only entree I ate was the Grilled Skirt Steak. It came with green asparagus, fingerling potatoes cooked in bacon, and a peppercorn sauce. The potatoes can not be described with words because it was just so damn good. The steak was great and the peppercorn sauce elevated the dish even higher. Out of the two Restaurant Week Dessert choices I thought the fig tart was better (but trust me, both desserts were scrumptious). It came with toasted almond ice cream and a balsamic caramel. It was amazing. The other dessert, which was also delicious, was the Chocolate Mousse Cake. It was really yummy and decadent with a peanut butter ice cream and triple chocolate sauce. Off the Restaurant Week dessert menu, the Vanilla Creme Brulee caught my eye. This dish is on the regular bar room dessert menu. Can I just say this was by far the best dessert and maybe one of the best creme brulee's I have ever laid my taste buds upon. This creme brulee was unique. On the bottom was the creme brulee and on top of that were a few raspberries followed by a layer of a candied sugar wafer. Then to top it off, two little scoops of mixed berry sorbet and basil sorbet sat on top of the layer of the candied sugar. This dish is heavenly. It was an amazing meal and I feel Aureole completely utilized Restaurant Week to its advantage because everything I ate was so delicious I feel compelled to go back to Aureole very soon as I already begin dreaming of another flawless and scrumptious meal (with lot's of creme brulee). 

  • All the food was delicious
  • Service was friendly 
  • On the Grilled Skirt Steak Dish (Restaurant Week Menu), the fingerling potatoes cooked in bacon were drop-dead delicious
  • The Vanilla Creme Brulee (regular Bar Room Dessert Menu) was so unique and crazy good




 (Above) Vanilla Creme Brulee
 (Above) Fig Tart
 (Above) Chocolate Mousse Cake



Aureole was incredible and I highly recommend this restaurant. There will be a lot more Restaurant Week restaurant reviews coming up this week so check back soon. Bon Appetit!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!