Thursday, March 10, 2011

NYC Restaurant Review - Mesa Grill

Hello foodies! A few day ago, I went to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill for lunch. I had a spectacular meal and I am dying to share my review with you.


Mesa Grill                        102 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10011

(Lunch)
Unique? Absolutely. Quality? A+. Taste? Unimaginable. Mesa Grill is a really great restaurant. To start off I want to discuss the bread. I love the cornbread. It was so different and so delicious. Moving to the appetizers, I couldn't pick a favorite. I guess I will just tell you about them in alphabetical order. Starting with the Blue Corn Pancake. So good and so flavorful. The blue corn pancake was filled with incredible barbecued duck and had a habenero chile star anise sauce. The next dish was the Sweet Potato Soup. It is one of my favorite soups ever which had smoked chiles, maple crema, and marcona almonds. The texture and taste was really good (also I had to mention, at all of Bobby Flay's restaurants I have been to in the past, he never fails to make an incredible soup). And the last appetizer we got was the Pan Seared Squid with new mexico chile, toasted garlic, tangerine and watercress. It is so scrumptious. It was very refreshing and definitely had bold flavors. In my opinion pan seared squid is way better than fried squid. So now heading to the entree's, my favorite dish was the Grilled Swordfish Club with bacon, avocado, tomato, arugula, chipoltle aioli, and southwestern fries. Everything worked really well together and the fish was cooked great. Another dish that was delicious was the Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash with a poached egg and green hollandaise sauce. The taste was incredible. I love how Bobby Flay put an awesome twist on your classic Eggs Benedict. The other dish we had which I thought was good was the Mesa Burger with double cheddar cheese, grilled vidalia onions and horseradish mustard on a house roll with southwestern fries. Really good and full of flavor. For dessert we got this incredible Pear Buttermilk Upside Down Cake drenched with a decadent butterscotch sauce and a spiced ice cream. The dish had such an immense flavor. Another dish we got was an Apple and Grape Pot Pie with caramel ice cream. Simple and delicious. The last dish we got was Mexican Chocolate Pudding with a gingersnap crumble. It was very good but didn't compare to the other dishes. I unquestionably recommend Mesa Grill. Everything was delicious.

  • Good Service
  • Bold and bright decor
  • Great food
  • Recommend:
  1. Blue Corn Pancake
  2. Sweet Potato Soup
  3. Pan Seared Squid
  4.  Grilled Swordfish Club
  5. Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
  6. Mesa Burger
  7. Pear Buttermilk Upside Down Cake
  8. Apple and Grape Pot Pie

So I hope you liked my review of Mesa Grill. I also just made a minor addition to the Restaurant Review page. I  wrote in parenthesis what meal I was reviewing. Hope you like it. Remember to check back for restaurant reviews and food events in New York City and Long Island. Bon Apetit!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!