Saturday, February 5, 2011

NYC Restaurant Review - Centrico

Hey foodies! Yesterday, I went to Aaron Sanchez's restaurant, Centrico. Everything was very good. I went for Restaurant Week and I have to go back after Restaurant Week to get the full experience.


Centrico                            211 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013

Holy Guacamole! Centrico is so good. First of all, the chips and guacamole were spectacular. The chips had a lot of great texture and had lots of salt on the chips which I loved with the guacamole. For the appetizers the the best by far, was the Camarones y Pozole. The creamy guajillo sauce that the shrimp was sitting in was dynamite. It had just enough of a kick and just bursted with flavor. Another dish that was good was the Tamal de Huitlacoche. I thought it was missing something and was a little dry but pretty much the flavors were on par. For the entrees, both dishes were really yummy. The Birria al Estilo Jalisco was really delicious. It was braised short ribs in a ancho chile broth. It also came with great corn tortillas and some chopped onions and garlic. Mix it all together with the short ribs that fall apart to the touch and just a squeeze of lime and I was set. The other amazing dish was the Pollo a Las Brasas which was just incredible chicken. Full of flavor and very moist. Also even though it wasn't on the Restaurant Week menu i had to order a Queso Fundido off the regular menu. I thought the dish was good but not the best Queso Fundido I ever had. Anyway, now onto dessert. The Molten Mexican Chocolate Cake was really chocolaty and rich but the ice cream with it wasn't too good. I thought it just shouldn't have been there. The other dish we got was the Moist Cake with Three Milks. I had expected it to be like a typical Tres Leches but it was a little different but still good. It definitely grew on me as I ate it but I had a problem with the cherry sauce drizzled on top. Over all I still thought it was a good dish. I thought the service was good and the decor was nice. I enjoyed that the kitchen was open and the whole place was small but not too small which makes you feel very crammed. I recommend this restaurant to all food lovers without a doubt
  • Good service
  • Nice decor, open kitchen and warm feeling
  • Great food
  • Recommend:
  1. Camarones y Pozole
  2.  Birria al Estilo Jalisco
  3. Pollo a Las Brasas
  4. Molten Mexican Chocolate Cake
  5.  Moist Cake with Three Milks



   
I really liked Centrico and I plan on returning. Remember Restaurant Week is ending February 6th. Also the survey, in the top right hand corner of this site, is ending in 15 days so hurry up and vote on your favorite competitive food show. Bon Apetit!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!