Monday, January 31, 2011

NYC Restaurant Review - Telepan

Welcome back foodies! I just went to Bill Telepan's, Telepan. It was so spectacular. I went for Restaurant Week of course. The great thing about Restaurant Week at Telepan is that there is no tasting menu you order any dish on their regular menu for $35 dollars. It really is a great deal.


Telepan                            72 West 69 Street, New York, NY 10023

Telepan is a must go to restaurant. Everything is so delicious. Starting off with appetizers the House Smoked Trout is a definite favorite of mine along with the Lobster Bolognese. The bolognese had such great flavor and the lobster was amazing alone. I also liked the Fallen Polenta Souffle. The white corn hominy gave the dish a wonderful texture and the cornbread brown butter was to die for. Another two appetizers I liked were the Kobacha Squash Pierogi and the Ricotta Gnocchi. For entrees the Heritage Pork was outstanding. The sauerkraut was incredible and the pork was cooked to perfection. The potato pierogi that came wih the pork was delicious too. Besides the pork the Diver's Scallops was equally amazing. It was so sweet and the whole dish worked beautifully. My least favorite dish that was ordered was the Leg & Shoulder of Organic Lamb. it was good and the black kale it sat on was yummy and the lamb was cooked good but it just didn't have that wow factor that every other dish I had gave me. For dessert, don't even get me started. Everything was spectacular. It is too hard to pick a favorite so I am just going to tell you everything. To start, the Lemon Cake was impeccable. Super fresh and very moist. Next, the Apple-Cinnamon Profiterole. It was such a great combination and the caramel sauce on top just bound it all together wonderfully. Also the Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding was very good and the truffle with it was very good. Lastly, the Cookies and Confectionaries were delicious. I always look for a good cookie plate at at a restaurant and I can never found one. After my visit to Telepan I can't say that there is no restaurant I have been to who doesn't have a good cookie plate. The service was good and the decor was nice. I absolutely, positively recommend Telepan, highly.

  • Amazing food
  • Decor nice
  • Good Sevice
  • Recommend:
  1. House Smoked Trout
  2. Lobster Bolognese
  3. Fallen Polenta Souffle
  4. Kobacha Squash Pierogi
  5.  Ricotta Gnocchi
  6.  Heritage Pork
  7. Diver's Scallops
  8.  Lemon Cake
  9.  Apple-Cinnamon Profiterole
  10.  Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
  11.  Cookies and Confectionaries





So that is my review of Telepan. I have a few pictures of the desserts. I bet this will get your mouth watering.
 (Above) Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
 (Above) Lemon Cake
 (Above) Cookies & Confectionaries
 (Above) Apple-Cinnamon Profiterole

I hope that convinces you guys to go try Telepan. Trust me, it is good. Check back soon for more about everything food in New York City and Long Island. Bon Apetit!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!